Martial Arts in Port Washington, NY
Welcome to World Taekwondo Academy, the leading provider of martial arts classes in Port Washington. Here you will find information on all of our exciting martial arts classes, including:
- Kids Martial Arts Classes – Children gain focus, self-confidence, and respect while learning Tae Kwon Do in a fun, active setting.
- Adult Martial Arts Classes – Adults improve their physical fitness and relieve stress in a positive, encouraging environment.
- Little Tigers Classes – Preschoolers burn off excess energy while gaining greater focus and self-control.
- Family Classes – Families spend quality time together in an activity everyone can participate in and enjoy.
- Birthday Parties – Martial arts themes birthday parties for children in the Port Washington region.
- Summer Camp – Kids Summer Camp program for families in the Port Washington, NY area
We are committed to teaching the highest quality martial arts in an atmosphere of positive energy and respect.
Our goal is to positively touch the lives of as many people as we can through the martial art of Tae Kwon Do. We know that Tae Kwon Do helps students of all ages. Our training includes skills valuable in daily life: cooperation, respect, self-control, focus, and confidence.
We help students learn valuable life skills they will use for the rest of their lives. We do this by creating a positive, hard working environment and by having instructors who serve as role models for young people to look up to. In doing all of this, we contribute to a safe and peaceful community as well.
Clean and Safe Facility
We take pride in our school and work hard to provide a clean and safe place for families to learn Tae Kwon Do.
Personal Attention For Every Student
We know the impact a good teacher can have on a student. Our instructors are patient and enthusiastic, and teach with a perfect blend of discipline and fun. Our instructors are dedicated to helping every student become the best that they can be.
Grand Master Ki. J. Woo
Owner and chief instructor of the World Tae Kwon Do Academy. He was born and raised in Korea where he studied and competed to receive his designation of Master. He has competed internationally for both the Korean and American Tae Kwon Do teams. He is currently a 7th degree black belt.
Master Woo has many accomplishments and is internationally recognized as a competitor and coach, but he is so much more. He is an inspiration to his students, advancing Tae Kwon do philosophy and way of life rather than just an after school activity.
Master Woo believes that the ultimate goal of martial arts training is enlightenment. While his students are learning Tae Kwon Do, Master Woo is also helping them to learn how to make a better life for themselves and, by extension, their family and friends. In fact, his dream is for every person to be a champion…in life.
When selecting instructors we select outstanding men and women who have both a high level of martial arts skills and a passion for sharing them with others. We are confident that while watching any of our staff in action that you will see that our instructors love what they do!